What is the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund?
The PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund was created to quickly deploy financial resources to help the most vulnerable in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park.
How can I donate to the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund?
If you’d like to make a donation by check or DAF, please mail checks to:
Palo Alto Community Fund
P.O. Box 50634
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Tax ID: EIN 77-0483215
How will my donation reach those who need it most?
The PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will provide grants to nonprofit organizations in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park that are helping alleviate immediate hardships for people in our local neighborhoods.
Where does the money from the PACF COVID-19 Fund go?
Since the launch of it’s COVID-19 Relief Fund on March 25th 2020, PACF has deployed over $1.1 mil in grants to the following nonprofit organizations addressing critical local needs:
Direct Financial Support to families:
- LifeMoves, working with a grassroots effort driven by community volunteers, provides immediate financial relief to 500 vulnerable families in the Palo Alto Unified School District (PAUSD). LifeMoves is also providing Rental Assistance to those living in Palo Alto.
- Ravenswood Education Foundation which supports students and their families in the Ravenswood City School District.
- Dreamcatchers, whose mission is to close the equity gap faced by low-income first-generation students, in partnership with a group of Palo Alto community leaders to help with financial relief for PAUSD families.
- Menlo Park-Atherton Education Foundation which supports students and their families in the Menlo Park City School District.
- Kafenia Peace Collective which supports our neighbors living in RVs and cars in Palo Alto.
- Community Legal Services in East Palo Alto supports families in East Palo Alto and Menlo Park with Rental Assistance.
- Live In Peace supports families in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Palo Alto with Rental Assistance.
- Palo Alto Community Childcare (PACC)
- RISE is funding scholarships for child care for low income PAUSD families.
- Ecumenical Hunger Program
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley
- La Comida: Senior Nutrition Palo Alto
- Boys & Girls Club
- St. Anthony’s Padua Dining Room
Health and Mental Health Support:
- Ada’s Café
- Downtown Streets Team of Palo Alto
- St. Elizabeth Seton School
- East Palo Alto Kids Foundation
- 49er Academy
Who will receive future funds?
The PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will continue supporting the nonprofits listed above, as well as additional nonprofits, as new funding comes in to expand our effort. PACF will work with our trusted partners in the local community, including nonprofits, school boards, faith leaders, elected officials, school districts and foundations to adapt our giving according to shifting needs over time. The Palo Alto Community Foundation’s 40-year track record of local giving places us in a unique position to closely collaborate with local organizations, and react quickly and effectively to get funds to those who need it most.
All donors to the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will receive periodic updates about where the funds are going and the impact of our effort.
Will PACF use any of the funds to cover administrative costs?
No. 100% of donations to the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will go to nonprofits for support of vulnerable people in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park. Any administrative costs for the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will be covered by PACF.
Do you have a financial goal for the PACF COVID-19 Fund?
Our goal is to provide relief and support to those most vulnerable in East Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Palo Alto. We have chosen not to set a financial goal, because in this unprecedented time we feel we need to remain flexible in meeting the challenges facing our community. We expect hardship to last well into the weeks and months ahead. We are concentrating our efforts on raising and releasing funds into the community as quickly and efficiently as possible.
What is the mission of the Palo Alto Community Foundation?
The Palo Alto Community Fund (PACF) is a 40-year young 501(c)(3) nonprofit community foundation focused on the unique needs of our community, and channels charitable giving of local donors to effective organizations that improve the quality of life for everyone in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park.