What is the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund?
The PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund was created to quickly deploy financial resources to help the most vulnerable in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park.
How can I donate to the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund?
If you’d like to make a donation by check or DAF, please mail checks to:
Palo Alto Community Fund
P.O. Box 50634
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Tax ID: EIN 77-0483215
How will my donation reach those who need it most?
The PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will provide grants to nonprofit organizations in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park that are helping alleviate immediate hardships for people in our local neighborhoods.
Where does the money from the PACF COVID-19 Fund go?
The first $100,000 allocation of funds from the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund was granted on March 25 to the following nonprofit organizations addressing critical needs:
Direct Financial Support to families:
- LifeMoves, (https://www.lifemoves.org) the largest provider of homeless shelter and services in Silicon Valley, in partnership with a group of Palo Alto community leaders, will provide gift cards to families in the Palo Alto Unified School District to support basic life needs.
- Ravenswood Education Foundation (https://www.ravenswoodef.org) which supports students and their families in the Ravenswood School District.
- Ecumenical Hunger Program (http://www.ehpcares.org)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Silicon Valley (https://www.shfb.org)
- La Comida: Senior Nutrition Palo Alto (https://www.lacomida.org)
- Ravenswood Family Health Center (http://ravenswoodfhc.org)
- Peninsula HealthCare Connections (https://peninsulahcc.org)
- Ada’s Café (http://www.adascafe.org)
- Avenidas (https://www.avenidas.org)
- Palo Alto Community Child Care (http://paccc.org)
- Downtown Streets Team of Palo Alto (https://www.streetsteam.org)
Who will receive future funds?
The PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will continue supporting the nonprofits listed above, as well as additional nonprofits, as new funding comes in to expand our effort. PACF will work with our trusted partners in the local community, including nonprofits, school boards, faith leaders, elected officials, school districts and foundations to adapt our giving according to shifting needs over time. The Palo Alto Community Foundation’s 40-year track record of local giving places us in a unique position to closely collaborate with local organizations, and react quickly and effectively to get funds to those who need it most.
All donors to the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will receive periodic updates about where the funds are going and the impact of our effort.
Will PACF use any of the funds to cover administrative costs?
No. 100% of donations to the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will go to nonprofits for support of vulnerable people in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park. Any administrative costs for the PACF COVID-19 Relief Fund will be covered by PACF.
What is the mission of the Palo Alto Community Foundation?
The Palo Alto Community Fund (PACF) is a 40-year young 501(c)(3) nonprofit community foundation focused on the unique needs of our community, and channels charitable giving of local donors to effective organizations that improve the quality of life for everyone in Palo Alto, East Palo Alto and Menlo Park.